Welcome to the Autumn term at Stamford Hill Primary School Year 1! We hope you all have had a restful summer holiday!
- P.E will be on Wednesday and a Friday (Friday P.E. will be half class rotation) so please ensure your child has a kit at the start of each week.
- Homework will be set on Friday every week. Homework should be completed and handed in collectively the following Thursday. It is important that homework is handed in on time to support the learning in class. Spelling tests will be on a Thursday. Children must be practising their High Frequency words at home. Both reading and writing them and then putting them into sentences.
- Bugs club and mathletics details will be provided to children ASAP. Please encourage your child to complete work that they are capable of, and then spend some time reading for 15 minutes each day. It is important that the children have a good attempt at the work set. A relaxed discussion with your child about work they are stuck on can often be beneficial, providing your child does not feel under pressure.
- Please help us to encourage your child to take responsibility for their clothing and to respect the belongings of others. If possible ensure that names are in jumpers and other items of clothing to save confusion!
- Also please remember that all children need to be picked on time, 3.15pm.
Feel free to contact me at any time or to make an appointment to discuss any matters concerning your child. Many thanks for your continued support. We look forward to working with your child throughout the year!
Year 1 Teacher