Welcome back! It’s Summer Term!
This year has gone by so quickly, I’m so proud of my Year 1 Class and all their achievements.
We had a fantastic first and second term and we’re all hoping for an even better final term as the children prepare to move on to year 2!
- PE is on a Monday and a Friday. Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit in school each week to participate in these sessions.
- Homework/Spellings are set on a Friday, our test is on a Thursday morning so please ensure children practise these daily and homework books are back in school by Thursday.
- Please ensure you are reading with your child for at least 15 minutes per day (this does not have to just be their reading book). Reading books are changed on a Friday (if needed) and children are expected to read the reading book more than once in the whole week.
- Children must be practicing their High Frequency words at home -reading and writing them and then putting them into sentences, as well as practising handwriting/letter formation.
- Bug Club and Mathletics should also be being used at home to excel children’s progress in Reading and Maths. All children have been provided with their log in details.
On another note: When letters are handed out, please return these (if necessary), as your response is often very important – Thank you.
If there are any questions, please feel free to ask – Please also check our class notice board outside the classroom for information.
Miss Keshia (Year 1 Teacher)
- Children can attend a FREE Breakfast club from 8am-8:30am.
- School starts at 8:55am, please ensure children are on time, as lateness disrupts learning.
- School finishes at 3:15pm. After school clubs finish at 4pm. It is important children are collected on time.